Wednesday 5 May 2010

Nature's Art

I found this lovely leaf when I did my final clear up of the garden today. As I stooped to pick it up and put it atop the pile on the wheelbarrow I thought it had somehow been splashed with blue paint but I hope you can see what the real source of the colour is. ( Clicking on the photo should bring a larger version on your screen).
Some little blue flowers from the border have become dried onto the fallen leaf of the ficus that grows above them. It is reminiscent of a faded antique print when seen up close, and all the result of wind, rain , and sun, doing their thing. It makes me itch to get back to my paints, and now with the big spring blitz on the garden over I should have the time to climb into the studio and get back to it.



Even if you don't consider yourself artistic this process of nature's melding two images, and colour onto colour, is one that can be easily followed with simple materials to make an attractive image.


I'll show you how tomorrow, just now I'm going to get some rest and recuperaton from my labours in the garden.
Off to make my bedtime drink now.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment