Wednesday 6 July 2011

Still Bubbling...


Just to keep you up to speed here is the mixed media interpretation of the same subject as yesterday.
Click here to follow yesterday's post

"Speed" is a good word actually, because I always work quickly,
just kind of throwing myself at the work,
as somebody once commented
"in your usual ebullient style". 

This just blows me away!  

I thought as this comment had just come to mind I'd look up exactly what he meant when he said it, although I was pretty sure I knew.

Well, free online dictionary says it means
1. Zestfully enthusiastic.
2. Boiling or seeming to boil; bubbling.
 
How about that! 
Don't you just love it when something like that happens!

I guess I can stick to the title I'd already given the post then.
Now, back to the piece of work.
 
Started with some resist.
White on white, - not clever!
Then just let it grow like Topsy.
(Wasn't Uncle Tom's Cabin heart-breaking)?

As you can see I'm already beginning to move towards abstraction willy nilly 
and some of the work was done away from the subject
with new shapes/colours creeping in.

My favourite bit of the painting?

Can't help it.
That's the way I am.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment