Thursday 9 June 2011

A Cheese Sandwich and Bath Water - Yum Yum!

The days seem pretty featureless at present but this week has had a few bright spots.
Along with the "Get Well" cards, messages and visits there was 
one unexepected joy.

Anybody who has taken a first post operation bath
will  know the utter bliss of sinking into the warm, silky water,
and feeling it caress the bruises, and sore patches.

In itself it's pure delight,
but I topped it with further
sybaritic pleasure.

I asked kind hubby to bring me a cheese and lettuce sandwich 
and reclining in the golden warmth of the bath,
I took my first ever
"SNACK IN THE BATH".

For those of you who are Brits
and can remember the episode of "Steptoe and Son", 
where the old man is sitting eating pickled onions whilst bathing in a tin bath in the living room,
it didn't have that same" this isn't right" feeling at all.
(Actually I think it was the fact he was 
fishing the onions out of the bath water
that made it so wrong)! 

It felt SO right I'm recomending to you.
FORGET THE WINE AND THE CANDLES. 
GO FOR THE
SNACK IN THE BATH

Perhaps you already do and have a favourite yourself?
If not,
DO GIVE IT A TRY!

GOD BLESS




No comments:

Post a Comment