Monday 30 May 2011

A Bientot - (and a postscript )

View from my kichen window
 


As I'm hoping my scheduled surgery will go ahead on Tuesday
I thought I'd leave you with a glimpse of our English garden 
'til I get back.

As you can see it's quite small,
but space is limited for most of us on our little island.
No strawberries in this planter
but some sweet pansie faces to brighten our patio.





You can see how unseasonally dry our spring has been.

It comes as a shock to have to get the watering can out
at this time of year.




We even have to keep topping up Boris the bird bath.









Spinach, lettuce, broad beans, 
potatoes, spring onions,
cornflowers... 
we go in for a kind of eclectic mix and match kind of garden.
We thin out as we go and use the tender young produce in the kitchen.

Delicious!










Hope you can spot the bees amongst the blossoms. 
Thankfully they seem to love the garden and are busy everywhere just now.





When I get back I will be eager to 
see what changes have taken place in our little patch.

Hopefully I'll soon be able to get down to some planting out,
 and filling gaps the hard winter made.

Hope to have your company again via this wonderful w.w.w.


Until then,
God Bless 


P.S  Following the thoughts of yesterday's post about how anxiety and worry can be a part of caring, and loving, I thought these words may come in as useful to you as they have to me in certain circumstances.  They have much to do with our own feelings that we think we know what's best for those we care for: and actually they, like us, may well be their own worst enemies, but if our attitude towards them is this, we won't go too far wrong because it means we love them as they are.


"I leave you free to be yourself:  to think your thoughts, indulge your tastes, follow your inclinations, behave in ways that you decide are to your liking."
(Meditation 6  "Call to Love"  A de Mello)

This is after all the freedom God has given each of us.
  Who are we to disagree?!



No comments:

Post a Comment