Sunday 29 May 2011

How Do We Show We Care?

 Due to the events I outlined in my last post I've had many messages of concern and support,
and this lovely bouquet came yesterday. 

A lovely way of showing care.
 I am really blessed by such thoughtfulness,
but a recurring theme among the messages is 
how worried we must be.

Thinking about this I got to wondering how much we equate caring about somebody or something 
with how much we are worrying or being anxious about things.

Yet we know it doesn't achieve anything.


New International Version (©1984)  Matt. 6:27 says:-
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 
It certainly helps if we can be assured that we can care deeply without being burdened by fear and worry. 
At the moment we are full of thanksgiving 
that our grandaughter is somewhat improved,
and that Little Zachary has settled well with his grandparents. 

I  truly believe it's looking for, 
and concentrating on what we can find that is good,
that enables us to be free to go on caring deeply
without being overly worn down, 
and shows us where God is at work.
I'm not saying I've learnt this lesson perfectly but 
I am learning.
For more on this theme of constant thanksgiving which helps us through the tough times, click on
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment