Monday 30 January 2012

Monday,Monday


Well here we are.
Another Monday morning.

Just now Hubby is in the garden and I'm pottering indoors.

We rub together pretty well on our 24 / 7 existence
given we are two very different temperaments and backgrounds,
but even as we come up to our 50th anniversary this year,
inevitably now and then we clash.

Even when we don't actually clash
I am sometimes really disappointed at my pettiness and inherent selfishness.

It was these shortcomings that played on my mind as I was
walking in the park over the weekend.

The damp pathways were glistening silver at my feet
as the winter sun cleaved the clear air.

As ever when a sunlit way opens before me I remembered 
Prov.4:18.
"The path of the righteous"...

Given that the dictionary definition for "righteous" is, -
"Morally upright; without guilt or sin,
In accordance with virtue or morality"
I saw many more pot holes, 
patches of rubble, and grit,
in my inner-heart pathway 
 than the glowing way of 
"rightness/righteousness" of love,
which I long for.

Even as I acknowledged this lack,
other words,( this time from Mal 4:2 ),
swam into my consciousness.

"But for you who revere My name,
the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings;
and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall".
 In a flash I saw how
 looking for rightness of being within myself,
 gets me bogged down
in unproductiveof guilt or regret;
whereas once I am aware of my flaws,
  if I own them,
I can turn quickly
to the source of all love and forgiveness,
which I know as God.

Then, rather than hugging to myself the chill
of self loathing and judgement
I can allow myself to be warmed by the embrace of 
the healing and ever ready love
that given time,
will reflect 
the very sun of righteousness in me.

I don't know about you,
but I quite like the thought of skipping like a calf
newly let out into the open too.

I may not have broken out into a skip
as I continued on my walk,
but my heart was singing a better song.

I hope this week's path will shine under,
and before your feet,
with a beautiful rightness.

P.S.  Blogger publisher is acting up today so the only way I can upload this powerful song called 
"Don't Be Afraid of the Light Wihin You" 
is to ask you to click on this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8It3VIZLnI&feature=player_embedded





No comments:

Post a Comment