Sunday 21 March 2010

Just a Song

Today had a really spring-like feeling at last. The sort of day when you just feel like singing, but perhaps don't.
It took a little two year old sitting on the bus to serenade an elderly woman sitting opposite him.
He sang her three choruses of "Twinkle, twinkle, little star", and you can imagine the smiles that little voice brought.
Glad I could go to church and have the opportunity to sing my heart out with no need to feel self conscious or get funny looks as I might have done on the bus!
It's such an enjoyable thing that I can understand the research that tells us that singing does us good, and actually causes chemical changes in the body. Give it a try. Doesn't matter if you've got a voice like a frog there's always SOMEWHERE you can let go for a few minutes at least.
I've a sign on my fridge that reminds me to

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Love as though nobody's hurt you.

It seems worth trying.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post - its reminds of our little ditty we had when you were down with me aptly name 'p*** off' etc.

    Still makes me smile now when i'm fed up i remember it!!

    ReplyDelete