Thursday 22 April 2010

Trying Something New.


Just excited at trying something new today!

Desperately missing painting so I decided to try a small format, like those 6" x 6" I've seen on the daily painting sites. I usual work quite large, which takes a deal of time and energy to complete. The idea with this is to work quickly of course, so what could be better when I'm still in a bit of a slump re. energy.

I didn't have any board prepared so made things difficult for myself by simply cutting a large cardboard envelope to the required size and waded in with acrylics instead of oils. Not ideal, (card buckled and furred, no extender for acrylics so they didn't remain workable), but so much fun.

I finished this in about 1 hour 20 mins and was able to manipulate the paint with my fingers as I usually do. I was surprised at the flexibility working this small allows and how with more preparation of materials and subject it could be possible to make some interesting studies, and exploration of technique and spatial effects. Yum, yum!

Oh, I nearly forgot!

"I DID IT!"

Try something new today yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment