Wednesday 17 October 2012

A Perfect day?

It's a perfect autumn day here in the centre of England.


The sky is a beautiful washed blue and white porcelain one minute, and smudged with passing cloud the next.
Then the high wind sweeps the sky clear for the sun to return,
 and fills my ears with the sound of the sea.
  There is a clean, bright feel to the world
but as ever, there is another side to the story
 and Abbey Fields shows signs of decay, 
as well as of life.  

More than one tree has been brought down
 in the recent wind and rain, and raw stumps gleam,
 gap-toothing the familiar scene.
The broken bough of this willow dams the river 
so it bulges out of it's banks.

I wonder what the world would look like
 if the old never gave way to the new;
or if conditions which exhilarate and revitalise
were unchanging.

I wonder what my world would look like.

John 15
1“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 
 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 
 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 
 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.


Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment