Saturday 23 June 2012

Sweet Refreshment - Dabbling in the Dew


These buttercups in the park
 have grown long and lush due to the rain 
and I couldn't resist  taking off my sandals 
to walk barefoot
 through them.

Leaving
 the mown path 
and about to 
wade in 
I found they would have been 
up to my waist
so contented myself
 with 
"dabbling in the dew" along 
the grass path.


Soon enough my feet were stunningly cold and wet,
and I was glad I hadn't ventured into
 the deep buttery sea all around me.


Emerging onto the hard path
 I cleaned my feet of mud and grass as best I could 
and revelled in the warmth of being re-shod,
 but oh, my feet felt tinglingly re-vitalised.

Common sense tells me it would have been been too much
to have waded, sodden-skirted through the deep,
 but some bit of me still wishes I had!


  May the weekend be the discovery of a patch
 of golden refreshment,
received to the uttermost.

Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment