Saturday 28 August 2010

Cornflakes and Feet

I don't know what you do at breakfast time.


I guess like us it much depends on how bleary eyed you are and how much time you have as to whether you have a leisurely breakfast or a hurried affair.

Hubby insists on sitting in an easy chair away from the table each morning while he drinks that first cup of tea and eats his cereal.

This morning to complete the picture he was slipper-less, and I was captivated by the shape of his feet.

No, no! not in any erotic sense you understand.
More in a "Oh my goodness they are just such a lovely shape to draw!" kind of way.

It has been such a long time since I've felt the urge to draw I take it as a sign I'm really getting better. Anyway I grabbed the nearest ball point pen and an envelope containing some of the morning post and quickly captured his elegant tooties.

Isn't there something very vulnerable about bare feet? They are such odd looking appendages when seen un-peeled of their coverings. (Especially other peoples feet ! Ugh! Hope hubby's don't have this effect on you!)

Anyway I'm posting my scribbles to proclaim that there's life in the old girl yet, and I'm afraid to say, that left to ourselves our breakfast routine is rather less elegant than hubby's feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment